Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Work Less, Play More, Enjoy Life

I'm happy to report that I ended my 27-year career as an art director at The Washington Post last week. I decided that it was time to spend more time with my family, to create more CHS designs and to get back to oil painting. Plus, it's time to over-haul the Carriage House Samplings website and explore social media. Would you follow CHS on Facebook or Twitter? How about Pinterest?
I feel really lucky to have been able to attend so many school events this past week without rushing downtown to my office afterwards. Anna's 8th grade class booked a theater so that parents could see their power-point presentations, skits and their websites on immigration. And today, I attended her promotion to high school. (Anna is on the right)


And last week Grace was promoted from 5th grade to middle school. That afternoon, we learned that there was an opening in one of our county's public middle schools that specializes in music, dance, theater and art. This will be a great fit for her! (Grace is on the right)


On Saturday, I cracked open some tubes of paint again during a barn painting event with a friend who was also a Post art director for over 20 years. She handed me a journal with a cover that reads "Work Less, Play More, Enjoy Life." Sounds like good advice!

7 comments:

  1. I would definitely follow CHS on Facebook, I'm afraid I don't use Twitter. Probably the only one who doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'd follow on Facebook. I don't tweet but I do have a twitter account. Congrats to you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would certainly follow on FB!!!! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would absolutely follow on Facebook! I don't twitter yet but it is sounding more and more like I may have to. Looking forward to seeing you on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Let us know when you are ready so we can follow you. Pinterest is addicting! LOL So many great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I would certainly follow on Facebook. If I had one talent in the world it would be the ability to paint. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete